About Us

My photo
Jeremy and I will be celebrating our marriage this coming October in a small ceremony in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado. This page is for us to share information with you about the wedding and the following reception in Lincoln, Nebraska. You'll find info on gift registries, lodging, weather, and other aspects as the dates draw near.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Update!!!

It is 10:05 am PST on Thursday the 13th of September. 1 month from Tomorrow Krissy and I will be having our wedding. I do not say "we are getting married" because as you all should know, we already are married. I have just returned from the post office for the 3rd time this week with the final batch of postage. Ever since they changed the way mail is metered I have been a little paranoid of having the wrong postage. Instead of going by weight only they now go by size and weight. It is my prior mail room experience showing through. But alas I could have saved time by stopping by the Automated Postal Center thing that is by the PO Boxes. Thankfully our invitations, with gold foil seal, are only 4/10ths of an ounce. I know that means nothing to most of you but, to the rare postal worker reading this, it means that our invitations are able to go safely with a 41 cent stamp. (Anything over 1.4 ounces cost more) It is now my duty to put the First Class stamps on our invitations and seal them. Yesterday (or was that Tuesday, I don't remember) or some day this week I put 26 cent stamps on all the RSVP postcards that you get to joyously tear off, please use the serrated/dotted cut line not the middle of the postcard, and send back to us. Remember to put your return address or at least your name up in the corner so it gets to us.
Also today I have experienced, for the first time, riding in semi inclement typical wintery Portland weather. The temp is 58 degrees and my weather widget says it is raining/misting. I rode to the post office with my bike lights on, in shorts and a t-shirt and with my glasses. I could have put in my contacts but didn't feel like it. It was a fun experience. So far I have enjoyed riding around Gresham. Venturing far from home on a bike still worries me some. Portland is the most bike friendly city in the country slightly edging out San Fransisco, but I still worry about stupid motorist that drive fast and don't pay attention. When it comes to biking, back roads and suburbia are your friends. Sadly Trimet, Portland Metro City Transportation, claims to be bike friendly but really isn't all it cracks up to be. Bikeportland.org has many a story about unfriendly acts towards bikers on Trimet buses and the Light Rail aka The Max. Mean people suck and sometimes mean people ride or drive public transportation. Like I said earlier, I have not ventured far with my bicycle and have not experience such as of yet. I have ridden the Max but not with a bike.
Anyways I digress from the point of this blog. Hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, our invitations will go out in the mail tomorrow. Which means one more trip to the post office, yay!! That will mean uh.. 4 trips this week. Weighing, post card stamps, First class stamps, and sending... yep thats 4 trips. All done without any fossil fuel. Yay!! Go green!! Have a nice day whatever the weather and whether or not you ride bike. Tootles.

Jeremy

3 comments:

Jeremy & Krissy said...

Nice Jeremy! We go green! Now if only we could get to the wedding fossil fuel free...not happening unfortunately. Now, will all the invites actually be able to go out tomorrow? Hmmm...I don't know if we have addresses for all of our friendly friends and family. Good thing many of them reside in conference with Union and we can track them down that way. Ha ha ha! *evil laugh* We can find you ANYWHERE!!
I'm going now. The wedding planning is making me a little batty...No comment!

Pondering Panda said...

Err... commenting on your own blog? Seems a bit strange. And just fyi... 'm not so sure that the wedding planning's doing anything... You've always had bats in the belfry. :D
Love you Krissy!

Amy said...

hey, this is my RSVP. tim and i will be there. :) if i can find the card i'll mail it too, but i just didn't want you to worry.