About Us

My photo
Jeremy and I will be celebrating our marriage this coming October in a small ceremony in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado. This page is for us to share information with you about the wedding and the following reception in Lincoln, Nebraska. You'll find info on gift registries, lodging, weather, and other aspects as the dates draw near.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Last Three Weeks

Well... how to begin. Jeremy and I moved to Portland, Oregon last week. Well, we moved into our apartment last week. We actually got to Portland late on Thursday, July 5th. When we arrived we had no place to live and didn't even know where we were going to sleep for the night. God is good though, as always, and everything is ok now.

We managed to stay the night at the hotel near the conference office in Gladstone and the next day headed over to the conference office to get some of our receipts reimbursed. While there we asked where we might find the nearest Wells Fargo so we could deposit the check and were given directions to a branch in Oregon City. So away we went. We found the bank with no problem and while there we met a lady that gave us directions to an apartment complex in Gresham. Unfortunately, the apartment complex had no vacancies so we stopped at another location that had a sign out in front. The manager was very nice and helpful, then she informed us that we made too much money to live there. That was a let down. I didn't know that there were places you couldn't live because you made TOO MUCH money! Blah. I was getting depressed. The nice lady continued though. She told us that she knew of several other nice places in the area and proceeded to give us directions and information on two other places close by.

That's how we ended up here. One of the places she recommended was a place called Columbia Trails. We stopped by and were immediately impressed by the landscaping and style of the layout. There were large trees, townhouse style buildings and a very nice clubhouse, pool and spa.

After seeing some of the apartments we were very interested but were worried that we couldn't make it financially. We decided to go find some lunch and discuss it while eating. We added up all our bills, discussed it and figured it out...and we could make it! We went back and filled out an application and went on our way.

We started to relax and went over to the Mac store to play with the toys, (anyone that loves Apple computers knows that a Mac store is filled with toys), and I went online to find a room to stay in for the weekend. Problem numero dos...could not find room!! AHH!! I started to panic again. All the hotels I called told me that they were full because of the basketball tournament in town. No!! Jeremy came back to car to find in me completely stressed out again. That's when he suggested we start looking out of town. I started calling places on the coast. I called a place called the Terimore Motel in a town called Netarts. (It's pronounced Nee-Tarts.) The lady that picked up the phone told me that they had just had a cancellation and we could have it. I was desperate and told her we would take it before she told me that it was only $87 a night for a small apartment overlooking the ocean. A beautiful little place overlooking the ocean for a great price. Why did I doubt God?

We got to spend the weekend out on the coast. We walked the beach, ate in little ocean side restaurants, napped, and generally relaxed. We got a call Saturday morning letting us know that we were approved for the apartment and we could move in whenever we were ready.






We moved into the apartment on Monday and Tuesday and I started work on Thursday.
_________

On a side note, as you may have heard Jeremy and I got married before we moved to Portland. The rumor is true. We did. We discovered the best way to freak out a pastor is to show up in their office and say, "Hey. We got a marriage license today. Will you marry us tomorrow?" It's pretty funny. We got married before we left because of the job offer in Portland. After we looked at finances, other expenses and everything else we decided that it would be much easier if we were married, not to mention that the conference would move both of us and we could pay for the wedding with the money we would save by not having to pay another set of rent and utilities.
However...if you thought you were going to get out of the wedding don't even think about it! :P We are still having the wedding as planned in Estes Park, Colorado on October 14. We just thought we'd make the fun last longer.


Just another reason for considering us a "weird" couple.

5 comments:

Kristina said...

I'm happy for you kids; hope I can come!

Becky Daniel said...

aaaah, you guys are so cute! love ya both.

Becky Daniel said...

aaah, you guys are so cute! congrats. :D maybe i'll see you this weekend before i take off? (i'll be gone camping until friday afternoon, but leave me a message! maybe we can catch each other.) love ya both!

Julie said...

Yay! I love you guys! I can't be there for your wedding, but I know it'll be awesome and I'm praying for you guys! And hey! At least I got to see Krissy Barber before I left . . . :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh...such a lovely couple...ahhh true love.

Save the Date? I'll be there...Hold on...July 7...???...oops!

Well, I love you both and I'm heading right to amazon.com to look for a "Grandadding for Dummies" book.

Love,
Dad