About Us

My photo
Jeremy and I will be celebrating our marriage this coming October in a small ceremony in beautiful Estes Park, Colorado. This page is for us to share information with you about the wedding and the following reception in Lincoln, Nebraska. You'll find info on gift registries, lodging, weather, and other aspects as the dates draw near.

Friday, May 18, 2007

How We Got Together

For those of you you who don't know how we got together here's a brief summary for your information and enjoyment.

Though we had known each other for years we had never had the chance to spend all that much time together. Neither of us were looking for a significant other when we began spending more time together. In fact, I had recently made a deal with God that I was going to stop looking all together because I never managed to pick guys who were good for me, in one way or another. I told God that he would have to put the guys in my life and then hit me over the head. Jeremy on the other hand, had recently become single after a long time relationship.
Kristi Joiner and I knew Jeremy was going through a rough time and took it upon ourselves to try to keep him busy. We invited him to do things and encouraged him to be involved around campus.

Late one Saturday night, shortly after Jeremy returned from the International Rescue and Relief summer training program in Colorado, he climbed up the outside of my apartment to make sure I was alright. I had had a rather unnerving experience earlier in the evening with a car load of drunken guys and he stopped by to check on me. As the lights were off in the living room he thought I was already in bed, however, when he went to leave he noticed a light on in the bedroom. Not wanting to wake me if I already had fallen asleep, he decided to climb up to the 2nd story window and look through before disturbing me.

I was reading in bed and had a large box fan in the window to cool the warm bedroom. I was rather unnerved still so when I heard a strange sound outside the window it got my attention. I went to investigate but I couldn't see through the fan very well and couldn't hear through the noise either. I pulled the fan out of the window and was startled by a voice on the other side of the dark screen... "You know...it's not easy to climb up to this window." I refrained from knocking the "intruder" off the side of the building and instead asked if he would like to come in the "normal" way instead. He accepted and we sat on the living room floor for most of the night eating Jelly Bellys and talking.

We officially started dating in the end of June 2006. Though we had spent a lot of time together and seemed to "click" on practically everything I still was unsure that it was best for us to date. I finally asked God for a sign. I figured if Gideon could ask for a sign than I could too. I asked that if we were to date that Jeremy would ask me straight out. Two days later..."At the risk of sounding 5th-grade-ish, will you date me Krissy Ball?" Score one for direct answer to prayer!

Over the summer we spent time biking, hiking, taking in jazz festivals, and traveling to CO for weddings of friends and family. It was some time after we started dating that we realized we hadn't even gone on a date by themselves yet, always doing things in groups with friends.

Jeremy and I realized early on that this was going somewhere wonderful and on March 1st he asked me to marry him.

We are planning for a fall wedding...October 14. The Sunday happens to fall on my birthday this year so Jeremy will have one day to remember and one day to forget. He hasn't decided how he feels about that one yet.

Below are some pictures from the last year....














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.